The NM Institute for Nursing Diversity, Empowerment and Health Equity works toward improving the leadership status of Hispanic and other minority nurses and advancing health equity for the citizens of New Mexico.
Our goals include
- expanding nursing's effective participation in political and public policy arenas,
- improving the recruitment and retention of a diverse nursing workforce, and
- enhancing communications and relationships across racial and ethnic lines.
We envision providing a center for nursing resources and informing and illuminating New Mexico's public policy issues through community participation, research, analysis, information dissemination, and systems transformation.
Our Focus Areas are:
- Cultural Diversity: Gender, Interdisciplinary, LGBTQ, Race/Ethnicity
- Health Policy: Research & Analysis, Civic Engagement, Information Dissemination, Healthcare System Policy, Policy Workshops and Events, and Advocacy
- Professional Development: Resource Sharing, Social Media, Education & Travel Scholarships, Educational and Networking Events, and Mentorship.
- Public Relations & Outreach: Pipeline, Recruitment, Retention.